Monday, April 1, 2013

Waxelene - The All Natural, Organic Alternative to Petroleum Jelly



I remember my petroleum jelly days. Slapping some on my legs to keep them from looking ashy, and then on my lips for that glossy look. While time has brought about a change and the use of alternative products, time has also brought on the knowledge that petroleum jelly containing products may not have been as good as once thought.

If you're looking for an alternative to petroleum jelly that's actually safe, check out Waxelene. Looking at the ingredients, I was surprised that there are only four. It felt even better to know that the ingredients are organic. Waxelene can be used for anything you would have used petroleum jelly for including skin moisturization, diaper irritation (safe for babies), after shave, after sun and for protection from chafing and wind burn. I was especially surprised to find out it can even be used on my lips.


If I had to describe the scent, I would say it's a bit sweet smelling with somewhat of an herbal addition to it. It's not overbearing, and the only time you'll really notice it is when putting it on, or when your nose happens to be near application sites, which is even less noticeable as time goes on.

Waxelene is eco-friendly, contains no parabens or artificial ingredients, is water and sweat resistant, not greasy an goes on clear. Another plus is that it's made right here in the U.S..

Waxelene can be purchased at Waxelene.com. A 2 oz size is currently $6.99 plus shipping. You can also find it in stores such as CVS, Whole Foods, Bed Bath and Beyond among some other retailers.


I was sent a sample to facilitate this review. Many statements here are taken from the insert, but the opinions and experience are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Share your thoughts