Sunday, March 14, 2010

Nikon Pictures Wilton Cookies and a Recipe from an Aunt






So I got this recipe from my aunt when we passed through Shreveport after taking our long awaited trip to Louisiana to visit my mother in law. We arrived apparently not long after she'd baked them, and I turned down her offer to give me one, because she'd baked them for her church and had already given one to each of my children, so she was already 4 short. I asked her if she made them from a recipe, to which she replied yes and gave me a copy right away.

I finally made these cookies after handing out copies of the recipe myself, and it is a nice twist on ordinary chocolate chip cookies. I used my fairly new Nikon Coolpix L100, which was also purchased during our visit, to photograph these freshly baked goodies. I baked them in my new Wilton cookie sheet, one of several Wilton pans which are now regulars also.

If you'd like to try these out for yourself, here's the recipe which i've halved, and you can double if you want to make somewhere around 112 cookies.

1 cup (2 sticks) butter softened to room temperature
12 oz chocolate chips
2 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup white sugar
4 oz hershey bar grated (a little more than half of the giant one)
2 and 1/2 cups oatmeal grounded to a fine powder (I used our food processor)
2 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 and 1/2 cups chopped nuts of your choice

Preheat your oven to 375. If you haven't already, go ahead and grind that oatmeal to a fine powder first. Set aside. Cream butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl mix your flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Slowly get this mixed into your creamed butter and sugar mixture until it's mixed well. Add the chocolate chips, grated hershey bar and nuts. Roll your cookie dough into balls and place them about 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet (as you can probably tell from the pictures, I made them about 2 bite sized). Bake for 10 minutes, remove and cool them. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. they look good, save me couple and I'll pick them up later. Give me a call. lol

    Tina

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Share your thoughts