Updated to show that this program will last through the end of March
- Families comprise nearly 40% of the homeless population and are its fastest growing segment
- This year 3.5 million people will experience homelessness in the United States
- One out of every 50 children will experience homelessness before the age of 18
- More than 200,000 children are homeless in America tonight
- More than 1.3 million children will experience homelessness this year
- 15% of Americans live in poverty, including 1 in 5 children
- Every 29 seconds a child is born into poverty in the United States
The Company Store is working along with Family Promise, the nation's leading non-profit committed to helping homeless and low income families to achieve lasting independence. For every comforter purchased through the Buy One, Give One Comforter Program through the end of March, The Company Store will donate a new comforter to a child in need. When a customer places an order through this initiative, a comforter is automatically donated to a child in need. What a great way to give to someone in need that doesn't cost you anything extra.
*I was offered a free gift in exchange for this post.