Tuesday, August 9, 2011

So, It's Not Just Me #babytalk

Many, if not all of you know that i'm having another baby. For us this is baby number 5. I haven't expressed my concerns to you here. Until now.

Well let's start with the fact that it's been over 3 years since i've had a newborn around. I, like you, would think that naturally, this should be a cinch. I mean, I have four for goodness sake. It seems that to add to the fact that this pregnancy has been more difficult than any of the others, that i've forgotten a lot. I've been finding myself reading up like i'm having my first all over again. To say the least, it was comforting when I read an article letting me know that i'm not alone.

My next challenge is my current youngest. He's been my baby all of this time. And i've very much treated him that way. Thank God my husband has been stern with him in trying to get him out of baby-hood, because I don't completely have the guts to do so. He's been doing surprisingly well. Hopefully it will continue once baby arrives.

Another issue i've been having, as I have with all of the other pregnancies is the fact that I have to go through this whole labor and delivery process all over again. I would love to go completely natural. So far i've completely skipped the epidural and opted for something just to knock the edge off of the pain. I've been reading up on the benefits and would love to experience how things really should be.

We did go ahead and pay for an ultrasound and we found out that we're having another boy bringing us to 4 boys and 1 girl. When my 7 year old daughter found out, she was absolutely crushed. We were really hoping for another girl, but I had a feeling it just wasn't going to happen this time either. She's finally accepted that she's having another brother, but I can't help feeling sorry for her. I just tell her that God has a reason for everything, and though we may not understand now, maybe someday it will all be clear.

I have just over a month to reach my predicted due date, and i'm trying not to get too anxious as the aches of things getting into place happen. I'm really hoping for a somewhat earlier than predicted birth date and hoping it won't be one of those days when I just absolutely don't feel like dealing with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Share your thoughts