Friday, March 5, 2010

So What Do I Do?

My daughter, 6 years old, is tired of being the only girl. And this is not new, but as of lately she's complaining that she's lonely and wants a sister. I don't think i'm up to the challenge of putting my body through that again, and don't think we can afford adoption. It's gotten to the point that she wants me to sleep in her room with her.

I can see where she's coming from. She's surrounded by boys. Three of them. They can be rough at times, and while she will hold hers down, she still enjoys all things girly. Wearing bracelets, carrying a purse, pink things, tea parties with her little tea set and such, and well you got the picture. She has girl cousins that she spends time with here and there, but I guess it's nothing compared to having your own little sister to be with you all of the time, wanting to take share everything. Doesn't she see what her brothers already go through with each other?

I can't blame her still. I had three younger sisters, and even through all of everything we put each other through, there's nothing like having a sister of your own. Someone to tell things to that you can't tell your brothers or anyone else for that matter. So my question is what do I do? How do I handle this situation? It's to the point where she's even asked if she could be my daughter/sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Share your thoughts