Saturday, August 15, 2009

Working Together

It's really amazing what can be accomplished when we do work together. The saying goes no man is an island and i'm about to give an example, short, sweet and simple where this was a reality in my life.

Cooperation Experience: It was my senior year in high school, and we had to read the story of Brer Rabbit.

Conflict: I could not for the life of me get an understanding of the story. The dialect just made absolutely no sense to me. So here I am sitting in my study period, knowing that the next class, my teacher would want to test our understanding of the story.

Resolution: I talked to a fellow classmate who'd somehow gotten the understanding of the story. He was willing to read the story to me, and somehow hearing it read from someone else, I was able to understand what was taking place in that story. Mind you I probably stopped having stories read to me in that way in elementary school during library visits.

Tips for working together:

1. Sometimes it's necessary to let go of your pride.

2.Don't be ashamed to reach out for help and know that it may come in an unexpected way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Share your thoughts