Monday, February 23, 2009

Why I absolutely MUST attend the BlogHer 09 conference

I can't honestly say that I deserve this more than anyone, but I know that I would really enjoy it as much, if not more than everyone.

I think I first really got into blogging as a result of searching for a way to win a Wii. My husband had been wanting one really badly, but we couldn't afford one. I had heard of blogs, and experimented with one where I may have a total of 3 posts.

As you can see, I am fairly new to blogging and I have really come to enjoy it. It's been a way for me to express myself. It's my way to keep up with my journey through life. For me to express experiences that I probably would otherwise forget. I use my blog to post pictures of my children and watch them as they grow and mature. I've found that blogging truly is for me. It's something I hope to be able to take through the rest of my life.

I used to keep a journal, but regrettably stopped a little before I got married. Every now and then I read excerpts from it and get to thinking about how immature I was, how I thought I knew so much. I would "tell" my journal things I couldn't freely tell another human. I see from then how i've grown and matured. I wish I knew about blogging then, because I would have everything here in one place.

I enjoy the blogs of others because I get to know them. Other mothers who are experiencing life. It's my way to learn new things that I may have otherwise not have gotten to know. In return, i'm sharing my life through my blog and hopefully teaching someone something positive that may help them avoid making bad decisions in their lives.

I've heard several good things about the Blogher conference. From the very first thing I heard I knew that I wanted to be a part. I know that there is so much more I have to learn such as how to attract more attention to my blog. If you checked it out, you'd see that I have a total of two followers, one of them being myself. I want to learn how to attract everyday people. I want to learn how to attract PR attention and blog about new and exciting products that I get the privilege to test. I want to share joy with others by having exciting giveaways and therefore I know the Blogher conference will be what's hot for me to be in the know. The Blogher conference experience, i'm sure, will be one of the biggest steps I can take to be in the know. I'll be among many who will be where i'm trying to get. This would be my "golden ticket" moment to be chosen to attend this conference.

1 comment:

Don't be shy. Share your thoughts