Thursday, August 9, 2012

Kolcraft 2-in-1 Activity Walker Review {Video Included}

With a baby getting older and time nearing for him to walk, I was really excited to get to review this two in one walker from Kolcraft. When we took it out of the box, I was pleasantly surprised to see that there weren't a lot of parts and to know that assembly would be easy. Here's what was in the box.


The main frame of it has a leg that lets out in the front and using the walker is as easy as snapping that leg into the hole in the front. This also means that this walker is easy to transport back and forth if you're headed out on, say, a road trip to nanna's.


These are the other remaining parts, which include the activity part which gets attached to the tray, the seat and the wheels.


The only tool we needed was a screwdriver to open the compartment to install batteries.


Some features I didn't particularly care for are that the seat is supposed to be adjustable. There's just a bit of a strap on the outside of the seat where the baby's behind is, and it may have about an inch to two of give, which really doesn't do much for adjusting it. I personally didn't see the difference and therefore this feature did us no good. Another thing is, as you can see, I have a chunk of a baby (thanks to breastfeeding) and it's a bit of a struggle when it's time to take him out.


Now this is a two in one walker which means there's another function which i'll explain now. Once I feel my baby is ready and a little more steady on his feet (which he's working on), this walker doubles as a walk behind. The fabric portion of the seat unsnaps and there's a bar that you push forward that supports the back of the seat, and the baby can use it that way until he's ready to fly solo. This is one feature i'm really looking forward to being able to use and excited about because this means we don't have to go back out and spend more money on a separate toy to help him get that much needed practice before walking on his own.

I like that this activity walker keeps my baby entertained for longer than I thought it would which gives me time to free my hands and lap. I appreciate that it has a tray on which I can put snacks and also a cup holder, so there's plenty to keep him busy. Besides, it makes him feel a little more independent like the others walking around here. Here's that video I promised:   

                              

The Kolcraft 2-in-1 Activity Walker comes with a 1 year warranty and can be found at Walmart.com for about $40.

I received this walker in agreement for posting a review. The opinions expressed are my own.