Thursday, August 23, 2012

Char Crust Dry Rub Review


I absolutely love great tasting food, and when it comes to barbecue there are no exceptions made here either. It's something we do occasionally throughout the year, and something I want done right. I was excited to be able to try out these spice rubs from Char Crust, and thought it was pretty awesome that they're made not too far from me.

Char Crust spices are simple to use. All you do is dredge your meat in them and they're ready to go. I even tried one of the flavors on baked chicken, and it does just as good if you're baking. They're all suitable for all meats, according to the packaging, but some do say that they're best on specific meats that are listed on the packaging.

While some were just perfect, one thing I would almost complain about is that some of them don't seem to have enough salt, BUT if you weigh in the fact that sometimes you want the addition of dipping or coating sauces or that someone may like less salt, this does work out. I know that I can always go back and add salt when I want to.

I received four to try out, but after checking out the site, there looks to be a total of 10 varieties.

Char Crust Dry Rubs are available at the Char Crust website and can also be found in certain stores. You can use their store locator to find out if they're sold near you.

I received free product to facilitate this review. No further compensation was provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Share your thoughts