Monday, April 2, 2012

Treat Coughs and Flu Symptoms Homeopathically with Chestal and Oscillococcinum

True story. My husband and I had gone to an event. We left our children with my mom and sister and her kids. When we got back, everyone should have been sleeping. My mom wasn't. I don't know how long she'd been up,  but it seemed she wouldn't be getting any decent sleep anytime soon. My niece was coughing, and my mom says that when she coughs she grits her teeth. Mind you, when I got home and I heard the coughing, not knowing if it was one of mine, i'd made up in my mind that whoever was coughing was about to be the first one to try this Chestal that i'd received to do a review.  I gave my niece the recommended dose, and shortly after, the coughing subsided and everyone was able to rest.

Chestal is a honey based cough syrup. It's designed to temporarily relieve  throat and bronchial irritation and loosen phlegm and thin bronchial secretions in order for coughs to be more productive. It can be safely used in children starting at age 2. It's non-drowsy, dye free, has no drug interactions and works naturally along with your body. Chestal is available in honey and berry flavors.

Then there's Oscillococcinum. I don't have an amazing story to tell you for this one, because i've not yet used it for definite flu symptoms. I thought maybe my hubby was coming down with the flu, and gave him some on one occasion, but he wasn't diagnosed with the flu when we ended up taking him to the hospital. I will say that it's nice to have it around for just in case. Oscillococcinum is designed to help your body fight those flu-like symptoms; body aches, headache, fever, chills and fatigue. A way to head things off before they get serious. I would like to point out that it is supported by clinical studies and has been used for more than 65 years throughout the world. This formula is also non drowsy, has no side effects, no drug interactions and it works naturally along with your body. This product is also safe for children and adults starting at age 2.

Wondering where you can buy these products? Just check out the Boiron Where to Buy page. You can also download a print a $1 off coupon for Chestal and there's one for Oscillococcinum as well. 

*I received free products to facilitate this review. Some information was taken from the respective sites featuring these products. Otherwise, the opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Milcah, so happy to see more reviews of homeopathic products! Chestal is great, I agree.

    The Oscillo works really well too, I find it works best for me if I start taking it when cold or flu symptoms are first making an appearance.

    If my children feel something coming on...they are at the cabinet asking for the Oscillo because it works so well. Yay for homeopathy!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Share your thoughts