Friday, April 20, 2012

Our Kiwi Crate Adventure

My kids and I had an absolute blast working the projects that came on our Kiwi Crate box. In case you didn't catch the video, Kiwi Crate is a monthly subscription that you can purchase for $19.95 per month (shipping included). We were sent one to review, and the video was basically an unboxing so that you could see the items that were included. I think it's so thoughtful and wonderful that everything that you need is already included in the kit (except for something like the water that was needed obviously).


We had a choice between doing an experimental project or one that was designed to be more fun.


I had the kids vote on which they wanted to do first, and surprisingly 3 to 1 they chose to do the experiment first. It involved using fresh water vs salt water. They had to use observation cards to draw their predictions before seeing if they were correct.


Afterwards, it was on to the fun part of mixing salt water in one cup, and leaving the other as ordinary tap water.


And on to prove their theories.


And now it was time to move on to the fishing game. We punched out the underwater creature shapes together and then they colored them. We attached velcro to their creatures and also to their fishing poles.


After that was completed, it was time to go fishing. 



This was so much fun, and a memory I really enjoyed creating with my children. I learned something myself, as the books contain little facts to share with your little ones. I also appreciate the fact that I know they had fun learning with this hands on experience.

And finally, I would like to let you know about a contest going on where you can win your very own Kiwi Crate box or even a $500 Plum District Dollars. All you have to do is like the Kiwi Crate and Plum District pages and complete an easy entry form. Check out the contest ending April 30 here.

*I received this Kiwi Crate box in order to facilitate this review. The opinions expressed are my own.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Milcah -- we're so happy you and the kiddos enjoyed their crate! Judging by the photos and their bright smiles, it looks like they had a blast! Glad that they had fun and learned something too :)

    Warmly,
    Jen @ kiwicrate.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great time right along with them Jen! Just being able to spend time together with them doing something fun and seeing the smiles on their faces was totally worth it.

      Delete

Don't be shy. Share your thoughts