Friday, January 21, 2011

Thank You Oscar Mayer!!

Growing up, we had our share of hot dogs at my house. There were eight of us, and being able to feed everyone in a simple, hassle free way was important. I even used to buy them more often; well that was until I heard about the nitrites that are added. This raised a concern for me because of the negative effects that it can have on our bodies (if you haven't heard, I encourage you to Google it). Scary, especially considering so many cases of childhood cancer these days.

I was so excited when I found Oscar Mayer hot dogs free of nitrites and nitrates while shopping at our local Walmart. Bonus 2 for me, they're hardwood smoked, bonus 3, they are made from turkey. They were $1.98 for a pack of 8, and they still taste like hot dogs. It was so ironic because I think it was just the day before that my sister and I were having a "hot dog dangers" conversation. I had to call her right up to inform her of my discovery.

Thanks to Oscar Mayer, I can freely buy hot dogs again. Something I guess nearly all kids love. Peace of mind feels good.

I would like to point out that I am not a doctor or scientist, nor have I by any means been compensated or asked to post this review.

1 comment:

  1. I picked these up a few weeks ago. the kids love them. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Share your thoughts