Friday, January 7, 2011

Our Christmas In Rewind

The first picture is of our Christmas Tree. It's the only source of decoration we had up for Christmas, and yet a step up from what we normally do as far as decorating, which is nothing.
The second is my oldest brother and his beautiful wife.

These two are my oldest brother's youngest two.

My oldest brother's oldest is in picture one. Picture 2 is of my knee baby and my oldest brother's only son.

The first picture in this set is of a guest that my sister invited. I caught her off guard in this one. The second is another guest who went to my youngest sister's and youngest brother's old church.

My youngest sister and my daughter are in the first pic and my youngest brother is in the second. I caught him off guard too. If I hadn't, he may have refused to let me snap this shot.

My sister decided to get a little crafty. She and some of the children put last minute decorations on our tree. I think that looks pretty neat.

We decided we'd play Jenga. It was really fun. My youngest sister, the risk taker, tried to set us other players up. She ended up setting herself up.


This is a picture of how things looked after we wrapped everything up. We had so much fun inside, we didn't care much about what was going on outside.

And there you have it. It wasn't all that I would have liked it to be. I was hoping my mom would drop in and surprise everyone again like she did last Christmas. My sister who is next to me, who normally gets everything situated as far as the time, date, and dishes decided to move south around Thanksgiving time. She and her children weren't there. It just wasn't quite the same without them. I have a couple of other older brothers as well, but they were with other family celebrating. And my dad would not come out with the weather being the way it was. 

We did have guests though. The one that I caught off guard, well I had not met her before this particular evening. She did make me feel good though, because she was so thankful that she didn't have to spend Christmas alone, thinking about the brother she's lost. She also kept complimenting the food. Our other guest has just become a family friend. She announced to us shortly after her arrival that she was getting married.

Some of our family may not have been able to make it, whether for distance, other plans, or weather, but i'm glad for all that were able to. All in all, it was a good time.

*Disclaimer: This is an entry to GiveawayBlogs.com “ 2010 Holiday Photo Contest”
If you are looking for a place to get prints of your pictures, check out www.uprinting.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Share your thoughts