Wednesday, January 12, 2011

More On My First Mom Blogger Conference

I've posted little things here and there about having the pleasure of attending my first Mom Blogger Conference. Something i'd been wanting to do and finally got the chance to. This particular conference was hosted by Child's Play Communications. I didn't have to get on a plane (yes!), but we did have to brave Chicago traffic. And it was worth it. I had a great time and i'm looking forward to more opportunities like these. Hopefully in the near future.


I really appreciated the mom blogger panel and some things that I learned as a blogger, to help carry me a little further. The brands I had the pleasure of meeting included:


I'm sure we've all heard of Playtex. They make wonderful products for infants and toddlers. From bottles to sippies to diaper pails and more.


We also got to meet and greet with a representative from Road Rippers. More than likely you've seen these little cars when visiting the toy section of Walmart. If you like pressing buttons on toys (like me), you've probably done that too. My boys enjoy the little cars they've received.


Then there's Restaurant.com. I really like that you can get savings at local restaurants at deep discounts. $25 restaurant gift certificates cost you only $10. And they often have specials where you get them for even lower. Talk about saving some money.

Cold Stone Creamery was also there. To try them is to love them. I first became familiar with them when my husband was stationed in California and i've been hooked since.

The of course there was Mega Brands. They make building toys bigger so that younger children can safely play with them. They also debuted some new toys, including a tattoo pen for kids. My kids really like the Thomas Train track.


We also were re-aquainted with these juices by In-Zone brands. Of course kids love them because they feature popular characters that kids can relate to. I'm sure we can appreciate that they're made with 100% fruit juice. They are now available in smaller sizes for younger children. The smaller sizes contain 40% less sugar to be easier on your smaller children. The representative pointed out how moms often add water to juice to cut some of the sugar, well they've taken care of that for you, so it's ready to go.


Any mom can appreciate these toys by Summit Toys. There are the backyard toys. These are going to get your children away from the tv and make outside explorers out of them. Then there are the Zillionaire toys, that help instill money smarts. A skill that's important to have for a lifetime.

And finally, we got mini facials and more information from Mary Kay. They have a line of products that are natural looking and in no way overdone.

I had a wonderful time getting my feet wet with Child's Play Communication. Oh, and the brunch was right on target.. I'll close this post with a couple of the pictures of what I had.









2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun. I was invited to that but I couldn't make the trip or swing the hotel costs. :( But...there's always next time, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup.. This was my first and now I have expectations :). So glad to have you join :D.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Share your thoughts