Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I Believe In Jesus and I Love Him Too.

This past week, I experienced something that i've experienced before, but normally something that comes and goes. My heart racing for reasons beyond my explanation. It happened, I believe Wednesday night and then again Friday. I'm not use to having this happen to me more than just every so often. So Sunday evening, after service, I decided i'd take a nap. I woke up to my heart racing again. I asked my hubby if he would just take me to the hospital. We dropped the kids off at my dad's and went on.

When I arrived at the hospital, my pulse was taken before entering the ER waiting room. The nurse informed me that it wasn't too bad. Around 100. My blood pressure was in a decent range. I made it back into the room and had an EKG done along with blood tests and continuous monitoring of my pulse. Even while resting, my heart rate made it up to 124. Something that can cause panic, but I decided i'd pray about it and call my Pastor's house for prayer.

I talked to our First Lady, who i'd already thought about. How she recently had to get something done medically. I thought about how she quoted the scripture "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all." When I explained to her what was going on, she replied with "You shall live and not die to declare the works of the Lord." Another scripture that Pastor had quoted during that morning's service that i'd been quoting. I'd also called prior to leaving for the hospital to let them know i'd be going to the hospital. My dad was praying, had my kids praying, and also had others praying as well.

I was given IV fluids while waiting for test results with my heart continuing to be monitored. I just kept praying. Wanting to hear that they found the cause of whatever the problem was and hoping it was nothing serious. I was hoping that maybe my iron was a little low or I was deficient in some vitamin or mineral. Those tests came back mostly negative. My iron was a little low along with my potassium, but not enough that the doctor thought that would be the problem.

I was then told that I would have to get a cat scan. Something I have dreaded. I've heard that it's the equivalent of having 200 x-rays! I've known of family having to get these, and even my son, who is only 8 has had one because he constantly complains of headaches. The reason I had to have one was because they thought that I, at the age of 33, may have had a blood clot. Possibly near my heart. I was wheeled off and given a heads-up of what to expect. I had to have dye injected into my body for the cat scan to be effective.

I waited. I'd already made up my mind that I was going to trust God. I realize that He allows every breath. Every heartbeat. So who better to trust. The results came back. They were negative. I called my Pastor's wife back and also my dad and shared the good news.

This ordeal has given me a fresh outlook on life. I really want to trust in God more. I'm so thankful that he didn't allow me to become overwhelmed in fear. I'm so glad that I had people who love me out there, who are concerned about me and took the time to pray for me. As i've experienced this rapid heart beating, God has kept me with a measure of peace. I believe i'm going to be all right. I believe He's going to heal me completely. I have a risen Savior, by whose stripes I am healed.

I've taken the time to share this experience with you, hoping that I can encourage someone. Sometimes life will deliver the unexpected, but it ALWAYS helps when you have God to lean on. He cares so much for us. He loves us more than we could ever imagine. He'll give us peace when the storms are raging. That's why I love Him so!

3 comments:

  1. So glad that you are okay..and I agree I have been through a lot at a young age, fought for my life after I gave birth to my son...I believe in God and know that I trust him too.

    Did they ever figure out what was wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kristin. They didn't find out what was wrong. Just the standard follow up with your primary care doctor. They say it's not life threatening and told me some other things to be cautious of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had this same experience last Spring! They did all those tests and then made me wear a heart monitor for a month. Blah....and of course...they found nothing. It amazes me how God loves us and is always in control. I sometimes need a gentle reminder when things get stressful, but he always finds a way to get my attention. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy. Share your thoughts