Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Black Heritage Toys

The offer for me to review these product couldn't have come at a more appropriate time. As many of you already know, i'm a homeschooler, and i'm still new to it, as my oldest is just 7. It can be a challenge trying to squeeze in so much knowledge. As African Americans, I want my children to have knowledge of those who've come and gone, and those who yet remain, who have made great names for themselves. That's why i'm glad to be able to let you know about Black Heritage Toys.

The first product that I would like to talk about is the puzzle that we received. The age recommendation is from ages 3 and up. I like that the puzzle pieces are perfect for my children's little hands. My 3 year old thoroughly enjoyed helping his big brother and sister put this puzzle together, and trying to put it together on his own. The colors are very vibrant, and once it's together, the conversation comes naturally. This particular puzzle was one of President Obama, our nation's first African American president.

The second product that we received to review is the Black Heritage Trivia Game. The recommended ages are 7 and up. This game is challenging, but there is much to be learned. I learned some new things myself, and am glad to be able to introduce these facts to my children at such young ages. This is knowledge that they can take with them throughout their lives.

You can check out the full line up at Black Heritage Toys where you can find other games, toys and even resources for teachers.

*Disclosure: I am a member of Twittermoms where I found the offer to review these products. I did receive these products at no cost to me. I did not receive any additional compensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Share your thoughts