Monday, December 22, 2008

Quick lesson I learned

The church I grew up in was your traditional sanctuary. Nice sized. We would often visit other smaller churches that were held in store fronts. Occasionally my family would have church at home or visit someone else's home for a service they were holding there. Sometimes we would have a program in the basement of our church. I don't know if i've ever admit to anyone, at least before this year, that it was really hard for me to get "into" services held anywhere but a traditional sanctuary. One night, though, I believe repair work was being done in my current church's sanctuary and we had service in the basement. I was having a hard time as I usually would when the scripture came to my mind Psalm 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. I thought about Jonah, and how he was in the belly of the fish, possibly so many levels below land, and it had to be dark in there, but God heard his prayers, even in the belly of that fish, way underneath the water. If God could hear Jonah there, He could here me in the basement and anywhere else. Nothing is hidden to God, even down to our very heart's intent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Share your thoughts