Monday, December 22, 2008

Hello again everyone. It's been a while huh? Last week was a busy one, sorta. Had a lot of cleaning to do. Got it done and guess what, it's heading back downhill and I need to catch it up again. It is so cold here in southern Illinois. It doesn't help that our floor is concrete. The coldness from outdoors is "attracted" to our floors. We don't have storm windows and the fact that the children have pulled some of the sealant from around the windows doesn't help either. I don't know exactly what the temperature is, but I can tell you that it is so cold here that the cold-ness caused our power to go out lastnight. We've taken for granted that that hasn't happened to us before and therefore were lacking in necessities. I know I have, or at least had, a flashlight around here. I wouldn't even bother looking for it, because I haven't seen it in so long, I wouldn't begin to know where to look. Fortunately, i'd not long before had my son put my nintendo ds on the charger, so it served as a light for us. Amazing what a little light can do in pitch darkness. I mean, our neighbors lights were off as well as the street lights and it was extremely dark. The kids used the light from my sony walkman MP3 player and also the what light the phone would provide. The whole ordeal lasted maybe around an hour or so as I sat around hoping it wouldn't be too long. Hoping that we weren't forgotten. I know the kids would not have minded at all having to all bundle up together to keep warm. My husband eventually sent them to bed, since it was past their bedtime anyway, and not long after they'd fallen asleep, the power was restored. I reminded them that God sees them even when it's dark, and no one else can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Share your thoughts