Sunday, December 28, 2008

"Close the Door"

This was my Pastor's message for today. It's time to close the door on some things. And don't go leaving cracks for past hurts and heartaches to creep back in. Let's make 2009 a year to move on and improve spiritually, naturally and physically.

He also announced a plan for us member who wanted to, to read the Bible through this year. I'd already gotten an invitation to join through a CBN newsletter through my email and opted in to do so. I usually try to make sure I read a chapter a day. I've read through the New Testament, i'd say at least twice. It's the Old Testament that I really need to place focus on. I know i've read much of the Old Testament, but can't say that i've definitely read through it, though I know i've come close. So this is something that I need to do. I'll have the motivation of knowing that i'm not doing it alone; that it's a church effort. Hopefully we'll be discussing some things that we've read in our Bible study to bring extra clarification to the many things that I can't seem to understand exactly what they mean.

I'm really hoping for some things to start looking up for my family this year. My husband is a disabled veteran, and we live in Illinois. Two things that don't go well together. I guess there are more veterans trying to fight for va compensation in Illinois as well as some other states and it's just harder for veterans to get their due, so since he's been out of the military, it's been a long hard road, but hopefully this will be our year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Share your thoughts